The University of Maryland’s Division of University Relations offers the Summer Development Internship Program for students interested in learning about a career in philanthropy, fundraising or nonprofit work.
This 10-week, PAID ON-CAMPUS internship, gives students a close look at fundraising and philanthropy in higher education. Through hands-on projects and educational seminars, interns develop skills that prepare them for future careers in philanthropy or nonprofit work.
The University Relations Summer Development Internship Program exposes interns to a variety of experiences. Past interns:
- Met donors and alumni to thank them for their support and engage them with campus
- Researched and identified potential new donors
- Created videos to thank donors and show the impact of their support
- Planned recognition events to honor donors
- Took field trips to learn about fundraising at other local nonprofit organizations