Make sure you stop by the Internship and Networking Fair today, February 29th, from 4:30 – 6:00pm in the Main Lobby of Hornbake Library.
We have an exciting turnout with a number of institutions who want to work with iSchool students, so do not miss the opportunity to speak with representatives from these varied institutions:
- Baltimore County Public Library
- Center for African American Studies, Howard University
- Chevy Chase Historical Society
- CHLOE School Library
- DC Public Libraries
- District of Columbia Office of Public Records
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Image Collections and Fieldwork Archives
- Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Niels Bohr Library & Archives, American Institute of Physics
- SLA Maryland
- Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage (CFCH), Ralph Linzer Folklife Archives and Collections (RRFAC)
- Smithsonian Libraries
- Special Collections and University Archives, UMD
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland
- Universities at Shady Grove – Priddy Library
- Western Maryland Regional Library
This is an excellent opportunity to network. We encourage all students to take advantage of this opportunity to meet professionals in the field, so make sure you stop by. Even if you aren’t looking to intern next semester, creating connections now can be valuable.
Keep in mind that institutions represented at the fair are NOT the only locations available for field study. Look at the Field Study Database (ischoolfieldstudy.umd.edu) for other placement opportunities.
If you have any questions, let us know at MLSProgram@umd.edu.
We’ll see you there!