The initial focus of the assignment will be as a Systems Librarian. Under the general supervision of a dean, this position will contribute to the library’s mission of providing equity in access to users by supporting the migration to and maintenance of the library services platform (Alma) and discovery platform (Primo). Additionally, this position will work collaboratively to support current and emerging technologies and coordinate the library’s online presence. This position also includes general library duties as follows: reference, instruction, collection development, access services, technical services, and outreach to students, faculty, and staff.
There is currently one tenure-track position with the initial assignment being located at Ventura Collegestarting in the Fall 2019 semester. All academic employees are subject to assignment in any college of the District depending upon staffing needs as defined within the terms of the VCCCD/AFT Agreement. Nontraditional assignments such as evening, weekend, or off-site assignments may be made with consent of faculty member, management or when special conditions exist on a campus as defined within the terms of the VCCCD/AFT agreement.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The annual salary is based on a ten month contract. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation and experience for placement on the salary schedule. Maximum advanced salary placement credit for prior experience is 7 steps.
Fringe benefits include family medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
The following is a list of representative duties that are subject to change. This list is not intended to reflect all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Manages and enhances the library services (Alma) and discovery (Primo) platforms by monitoring system performance, troubleshooting issues, and providing training to library staff. E
- Maintains the library services (Alma) and discovery (Primo) platforms’ configurations to support library functions. E
- Assists library staff in developing documentation and analytics for the library services (Alma) and discovery (Primo) platforms. E
- Coordinates workflows, sets guidelines and ensures that the library’s web presence is accurate, up-to-date, user-centered and accessible. E
- Researches and implements new technologies for library services and instruction. E
- Coordinates support from IT staff, as needed and appropriate for all library systems. E
- Provides reference assistance to students, faculty, and staff. E
- Teaches research methods, information literacy, bibliographic and library instruction sessions to students and other patrons in one-on-one, classroom, and distance-mediated instructional settings. E
- Collaborates with faculty with regard to student assignments, collection needs, and integration of information literacy into the college curriculum. E
- Performs original cataloging of library materials in all formats; assists staff with copy cataloging on an as-needed basis. E
- Designs and produces research guides, information literacy tutorials and other resources in print, web-based and multimedia formats. E
- Coordinates the purchase of print and non-print library materials and resources in collaboration with discipline faculty. E
- Participates in the development and implementation of library policies and procedures; participates in the program review and accreditation processes for the library. E
- Promotes library resources and services to faculty, students, and campus groups. E
- Attends and participates in department, division, campus, and district meetings and committees. E
- Collaborates with other library faculty on a regular basis to develop, assess, and revise, as appropriate, measurable student learning outcomes. E
E = Essential duties
To apply, visit the job posting.