The Systems and Web Development Librarian is responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, and enhancing a wide range of technologies and systems to provide innovative library services and ensure access to the library’s extensive range of online information resources and digital collections. This position supports library staff and local and remote library users in the use of existing information technology as well as the adoption of new technology. This position promotes access to digital resources by evaluating and recommending innovative uses of emerging library system technologies. The individual in this position monitors technologies for support of library outreach. This position works collaboratively with staff on both campuses on issues related to access, network compatibility and use of library electronic resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Library Systems:
- Administer main library website using WordPress, including overall design, development, updating content, and ongoing maintenance.
- Administer LibGuides, including creation and implementation of guidelines, updating content, and maintaining a continuity of look and feel.
- Administer ILLiad, including updating content and ongoing maintenance.
- Administer Ebsco Discovery Service. Monitor and add additional content/custom links when appropriate.
- Assist in administration and support of the libraries’ ILS (Voyager), including overall system administration and desktop support.
- Gather usage statistics for library resources, utilizing various tools such as Ebsco Usage Consolidation, Microsoft Access and Google Analytics when appropriate.
- Creates and interprets usage reports and other data to support decision-making.
- Ensure new resources are properly added to EZProxy. Anticipate and troubleshoot access issues.
- Serve as backup administrator for Ebsco Holdings Management.
- Administer additional library systems as required.
- Participates in special projects as required, such as library migration activities.
- External Relations:
- Maintains relations with ERMS vendor, electronic, and print subscription agents to ensure continued access to library-supported systems and resources.
- Serve as liaison between the library and Information Technology Services (ITS). Work cooperatively on the resolution of campus-related issues impacting access to library-supported systems and resources.
- Reference and Instruction:
- Troubleshoot e-access problems reported by patrons and other library staff.
- Staff library circulation desk as needed.
- Provides general reference through use of both print and online library resources.
- Assists users in selecting appropriate materials.
- Responsible for supervision of work-study students on a needs basis.