The Student Success and Outreach Librarian will work closely with librarians, faculty, students, and the university community to develop library services and programs that support student success, recruitment, and retention. The Student Success and Outreach Librarian will design assessments that ensure the quality and effectiveness of those programs and services. As a faculty member in the Department of Information Science, the Student Success and Outreach Librarian performs all professional librarian duties including, but not limited to: reference services, collection development, teaching, scholarly activities, and service.
- Builds relationships across the numerous student support areas (Academic Advising, Student Health, the Writing Center, etc.) across the university to increase knowledge of library services and resources.
- Collaborates with student support stakeholders to develop programming related to study skills, learning, research techniques, etc.
- Coordinates the Library’s outreach and marketing activities to all students and student organizations.
- Works with other librarians/information science faculty to implement assessment methods and feedback mechanisms to measure the impact of library services, resources and spaces.
- Maintains a deep knowledge of current issues and emerging trends in library outreach and identifies relevant initiatives for local implementation.
- Teaches information literacy classes, holds scheduled reference consultations, and serves at the reference desk.
- Serves as liaison to assigned academic departments and maintains the library collection in those disciplines.
- Provides service to the USciences community and the profession by participating in committees, task forces, and appropriate organizations.
- Engages in scholarly activity or research as a non-tenure track Board-appointed member of the Faculty.
- Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Demonstrated understanding of the concepts, goals, and methods of information literacy instruction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to manage a varied workload.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, Mac/Windows operating systems, etc.
- The finalist will be required to successfully pass a background check.
- Experience (formal or informal) in relevant student support roles such as advising, tutoring, mentoring, resident life, student engagement, or overall college retention initiatives.
- Experience providing reference and instructional services.
- Experience assessing library services in a higher education environment.
- Experience using Alma, Primo, LibGuides, Blackboard and other relevant web applications.
- Strong grasp of current issues, trends, and technologies impacting higher education and academic libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree from any STEM field.
Submission of a CV and Letter of Interest is required to complete the application. Please upload your documents as part of the application process.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, please visit the job posting. For best consideration, apply by 10/29.