LAC Group seeks an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join a successful team of researchers and analysts supporting and participating in business development for a global energy/oil company. Responsibilities will include participating and contributing to business development projects, preparing actionable deliverables, compiling updating heat maps on various topics related to alternative fuels, upstream/downstream oil & energy production, and related intellectual property. Projects will include working with business development teams and contribute to new and on-going projects. Research requests will cover business & competitive intelligence, oil and gas (upstream/downstream), energy emerging technologies, patent research, alternative fuels and related topics. This is a virtual position without the need to travel to an office on a regular basis, however there will be some travel to client sites and conferences and there is a regular Monday-Friday work schedule (including internal and team-based video conferencing).
- Independently conduct comprehensive searches on technical and business topics for the research and development staff.
- Produce and distribute curated alerting bulletins covering technical subjects of recurring interest to the company – especially in the areas of hydrocarbon processing, petrochemicals and biofuels.
- Monitor new developments and commercial activities of competitor companies in key emerging technologies.
- Provide analysis of above search/monitoring results to create periodic reports, including graphical representations and summary conclusions.
- Interact with senior staff to help assess information/resource needs and suggest projects or services where the analyst team can best meet those needs.
- Present research results and graphical analysis to staff, e.g., via Skype and other desktop technologies.
- Work with other team members to implement and sustain information services, content and applications, including those linked to website and delivered via SharePoint.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in technical information research and/or analysis. Experience/knowledge of the energy, gas, petroleum industries is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry or closely related science.
- Experience with databases/search services including: STN Express, Chemical Abstracts, Derwent World Patents Index, Compendex, EnCompLit, EnCompPat, Dow-Jones Factiva, Elsevier Scopus and MineSoft PatBase.
- Familiarity with tools such as Tableau, Manzama, SAS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; business writing skills a must. (NOTE: writing sample will be required)
- Flexible attitude, team player.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/Vm4dQh