LAC Group is seeking a Research Librarian for a one-year government contract working with a prestigious federal agency located in Beltsville, Maryland, subject to award. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position which includes a full benefits package.
- Interact with customers to answer questions, provide information about the library’s collections, content, programs, services, and databases; where appropriate, will refer customers to the appropriate program specialists for in-depth responses.
- Provides specific support for a variety of the library’s portal systems; routine responses will be prepared for frequently asked questions and reviewed by program specialists.
- Builds a knowledge base of answers to questions. Regularly consults the knowledge base to ensure a consistency and standards in customer responses, and work efficiency.
- Assist program specialists with maintaining specialized portals and Web interfaces for databases. This includes reviewing, refreshing, and repairing links to external resources. Adding content, including user guides and aids.
- Draft user guides and aids; these tools will be reviewed by program specialists.
- Staffs the Service Desk or the D.C. Reference Center based on an assigned schedule (majority of schedule to be worked in Beltsville).
- Assist with system tests of prototype data portals and other applications; provide feedback on usability for user interfaces; and other services as needed.
- Must have a Masters of Library Science degree or MLIS with training in the environmental, ecological, or agricultural sciences.
- At least three years’ experience with the issues and resources related to natural resources and the environment.
- Experience with database searching, reference interviewing (in-person and over email), MARC or MODS metadata schema, and experience with modern applications and web tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Drupal XML, or similar.
- Must have the skills and ability to research and respond to a wide range of requests for information for diverse and wide-ranging projects.
- Should be familiar with library databases such as AGRICOLA and the technical language of the environmental, ecological, and agricultural sciences.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/CjZzrd
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.