LAC Group is seeking a temporary, part-time Research Assistant for our client, a large law firm located in Silicon Valley, CA. This position is responsible for providing research support to an energetic, creative and service orientated team. The position is approximately 20-25 hours per week with a flexible schedule. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work in a fast-paced law firm and gain valuable skills in basic legal and business research.
- Basic legal and business reference using a variety of free and fee-based databases and web sites;
- Document retrieval, including dockets, cases, articles, etc.;
- Setting up alerts.
- Bachelor’s degree; candidates enrolled in MLS degree programs given preference;
- Two plus years’ experience providing basic legal and business research and reference service in a law firm library;
- Demonstrated ability to use Pacer, PacerPro, Westlaw, Google Scholar and other resources to find and retrieve documents;
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Strong client service skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.