LAC Group is seeking a dynamic Research Analyst to work as part of an energetic, creative and service orientated team at a prestigious law firm’s San Francisco, Silicon Valley, or Washington DC office. The Research Analyst is primarily responsible for responding to reference and document delivery requests from attorneys, legal assistants and administrative personnel firm-wide and supporting other department activities, as needed.
- Responding to reference and basic research requests;
- Serving as the document delivery specialist;
- Assisting with current awareness monitoring;
- Performing password maintenance and related tasks;
- Participating in collection development activities; and
- Contributing content to the intranet and department newsletter.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MLS from an ALA accredited school or interest in pursuing graduate education in library and information science is a plus.
- A minimum of one year of work experience in a business setting, with law and library experience a plus.
- Experience with Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg and other legal databases preferred.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel. PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong interest in expanding library knowledge and skills, including especially database research.
- Strong client service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.