LAC Federal seeks a Reference Librarian for a position with a prestigious government library located in Greenbelt, MD. Work will be performed on-site. This is a 27-week assignment for 24 hours each week, candidates must be able to work onsite Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Providing reference assistance, library instruction for print and electronic resources, collection development and the creation of bibliographies.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA; or degree in progress
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to work well in a team
- Experience in providing reference services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a variety of databases
- Ability to learn quickly, be adaptable, and take on new tasks
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills.