Iowa Wesleyan College seeks an innovative and dynamic librarian who understands the changing environment of technology, information literacy instruction, reference and public services in an academic library. This tenure track position will be responsible for providing general reference, classroom and individual instruction that incorporates active learning into face-to-face and online instruction efforts. The successful candidate is expected to be up-to-date on relevant library and scholarly information trends and practices and be able to apply this knowledge to have a significant, positive impact on the IWC community. Some evening and weekend hours will be necessary. Candidates are sought who are committed to working in a collaborative environment and eager to participate in the daily life of a small liberal arts college. Candidates must have an ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science. Early career librarians are encouraged to apply.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) awarded by date of appointment
- Experience creating instructional materials such as online tutorials, LibGuides, etc.
- Proficiency in library database searching, the research process, and principles of active learning as applied to information literacy
- Familiarity with information literacy concepts and trends and a desire
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, a strong customer service orientation and experience working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage workflow, projects, and multiple tasks while meeting deadlines and solving problems in a complex and dynamic environment
Please submit a letter of interest, current resume, unofficial transcripts, 3-5 references, and a portfolio of two or three samples of your work in instructional design. Materials should be directed to: Dr. Jeffrey Fager, Academic Dean, Iowa Wesleyan College,601 North Main Street, Mt. Pleasant, IA 52461. Phone: 319-385-6205. Electronic submissions are preferred: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE
Date of Appointment: July 1, 2013