This position is located in the Office of Museum Services (OMS) and serves as the Program Specialist. The incumbent will participate in grants management work involving Federal grants and cooperative agreements and provide grants-related assistance and services to both applicants and awardees. The position works on various phases of the receipt and processing of museum grant applications as well as the monitoring and assessing of awardee performance.
Under the supervision of the Supervisory Grants Management Specialist, the position:
- Assists with the processing of grant applications and in grant administration; and provides significant program support to the Grant Management Team.
- Assists with incoming applications including reviewing for eligibility and completeness, budget review and analysis, and associated application contacts.
- Utilizes grants management database, entering data and creating reports as may be required.
- Assists with review process, including mailings, reviewer support activities, preparation for panel meetings, and other elements of the review and award process.
- Reviews interim and final performance reports.
- Prepares letters and associated documents supporting change requests and extensions for approval.
- Supports the work of the Office of Museum Services through cooperation with others to manage variable workloads and assistance with a variety of tasks including general clerical support.
- Participates in staff meetings and special committees and task forces and assists with planning for the implementation of program changes and improvements in agency operation.
- Performs a variety of office automation duties which require knowledge of various types of equipment and software.
- Updates and maintains databases, spreadsheets, and other reports and documents in support of application and grant management activities.
- Prepares a wide variety of recurrent and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Reviews and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, and publications.
- Provides information to applicants and awardees regarding grant programs and processes.
- Assists with panel meetings and director’s meetings, including preparation of support materials and note taking.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.