Infotrieve is a global leader in information services and content management technology for businesses. For more than 20 years we have been providing corporate information centers, R&D facilities, and legal, business affairs and product professionals in more than half the Fortune 500 with a broad array of software solutions and services.
As an Advanced Referencing Services Intern, you will gain real-world experience doing advanced referencing work for us in the scientific, medical and technical research fields. Infotrieve is a large employer of recent MLS graduates from many of the top library schools. Those who have participated in the internship that performed well will be given priority consideration in our future hiring plans. This position can be located from home or out of our Wilton, CT office for local candidates. Hours are flexible and can range from 15 – 25 hours per week. This is a paid position at $10/hr.
- Search across specialized databases including PubMed, OVID, Proquest, WorldCAT, OCLC, 1st Search, etc.
- Locate source publications containing hard-to-find items including journal articles, theses and dissertations, periodicals, conference proceedings and patents
- Obtain copyright permissions for hard-to-clear items
- Ensure citations are accurately matched to bibliographic records by consulting multiple online library catalogs
- Place interlibrary loans
- Initiate contact with publishers and vendors to obtain unusual items
- Full time student pursuing MLIS
- 3.5 GPA or better out of 4.0 grading scale for undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) degrees
- Knowledge of university and library catalogues
- Proficiency using citation databases such as PubMed preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PC skills
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and transcripts to email@example.com and reference the position title in the subject line of the e-mail.
Learn more about Infotrieve by visiting our website at www.infotrieve.com