LAC Group is seeking a Library Technician on a 2 weeks project at a major Federal library in the Washington, DC area. The Technician will be responsible for the Shelf-reading and Refiling of Materials. This is a 2 weeks project starting ASAP, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday – Friday) no benefits position.
- Perform correct sequencing of materials
- Refile correct call number order any items found to be out of order.
- Tasks to be completed require physical stamina and agility and attention to
- detail, including:
- Continuous standing, walking, lifting, bending and stooping to retrieve, re-
- shelve, shift, and update collections or to adjust shelves and move books
- from one location to another
- Pushing/pulling fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 300 pounds
- Loading and unloading wire baskets or carts with books and unbound
- Balancing on step ladders while pulling, moving, or re-shelving materials
- on the top shelves
- Sorting materials in general category order and distributing these materials
- onto sorting shelves for further arranging
- Arranging materials on book trucks (in item-specific call number order)
- from the sorting shelves or distribution trucks
- Shelving materials of various sizes, weight, and quantities
- Using hand-wheels to access compact shelving ranges if applicable
- Must have recent Library Technician experience
- Experience retrieving and refiling library materials according to the Library of
- Congress Classification System.
- Knowledgeable in the correct sequencing of Library of Congress call numbers
- Experience in refiling a collection in correct call number order any items found to be out of order