The Communications and Public Affairs (CPA) Division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Knowledge Management Specialist to assist with metadata curation and library subscription management. The candidate will work with OCLC software services, such as WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, Acquisitions, and CONTENTdm. The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail and be comfortable in a highly culturally diverse work environment.
This is a 1-year, fixed term, renewable, exempt appointment and is located at IFPRI headquarters in Washington, DC.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform original and copy cataloging for research outputs
• Curate metadata in institutional repository and other databases/portals
• Assign keywords using controlled vocabularies derived from thesauri (AGROVOC, CABI, and others)
• Liaise with publishers to maintain IFPRI’s institutional subscriptions and renewals
• Provide research support through Inter Library Loans (ILL) and literature reviews
• Manage and track the use of print resources using WorldShare Circulation
• Manage administrative tasks such as invoices and expense reports
• Other duties as assigned
• MLIS/MIS or other Information Science degree from accredited university and three years of relevant experience.
• Experience in library cataloging and understanding of emerging trends in the field
• Familiarity with metadata common standards and common technologies used in the field such as: Dublin Core, MODS, XML, OAI-PMH, etc
• Demonstrated ability to work productively within a multi-cultural team environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work responsibly with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details
• Excellent oral and written English language skills
• Experience with web content management systems like Drupal and other Content Management Systems
• Experience writing scripts using common languages like Python, Perl, and others
• Experience working with international and national organizations
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. IFPRI’s strategic research aims to foster a climate-resilient and sustainable food supply; promote healthy diets and nutrition for all; build inclusive and efficient markets, trade systems, and food industries; transform agricultural and rural economies; and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is integrated in all the Institute’s work. Partnerships, communications, capacity strengthening, and data and knowledge management are essential components to translate IFPRI’s research from action to impact. The Institute’s regional and country programs play a critical role in responding to demand for food policy research and in delivering holistic support for country-led development. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
Click on the following link to access the Library and Information Specialist job application
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer – F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.