Texas A&M University Libraries seeks a creative and dynamic professional to join the Texas A&M University Libraries as the Learning and Student Engagement Librarian. This is an academic appointment carrying full faculty status and responsibilities for scholarly activities and/or professional service to meet both the Libraries’ and the University’s requirements for promotion. The appointment may be as a tenure-track/tenured position or a clinical (non-tenure track) position, depending on the successful candidate’s professional interest, scholarship engagement, and professional service.
The position reports to the Dean of Libraries through the Director of Learning and Outreach and Associate Dean for Public Services.
The Learning and Student Engagement Librarian responsibilities include:
- Contributes teaching to a growing library instruction program coordinated through the L&O unit including course-integrated information literacy instruction
- Works strategically with partners in the Libraries and across campus to plan instructional programming that furthers the educational mission of the Libraries and the university
- Measures instructional outcomes, promotes integration of library instruction into the curriculum, and assesses programming in support of student success
- Supports the planning and implementation of the unit’s outreach and student engagement activities
- Develops and maintains sustainable partnerships with campus organizations geared toward student engagement
- Enhances library instruction to meet the needs of the evolving educational landscape, including potential services and resources for distance education students; supports and promotes the Libraries’ and Texas A&M University’s shared vision and values
- Engages in professional service and research (if applicable) activities at a level consistent with rank and progress toward promotion and tenure (if applicable)
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications received by March 15, 2019 will be given first consideration. For more information, please see the full posting at: http://library.tamu.edu/about/positions/pa_stu_eng_feb12.html