The CSB/SJU Libraries are a single library organization supporting the joint academic efforts of our two colleges. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers collaboration, creativity, and scholarship while supporting student learning, faculty research, and the intellectual curiosity of our academic community. At SJU, we recently finished a $25 million renovation and Learning Commons addition to the Alcuin Library; the facility houses the Saint John’s Bible (http://www.saintjohnsbible.org/). At CSB, a renovation of the Clemens Library is planned for 2019; we also support a departmental Music Library. In collaboration with our IT Services department, the library partners with IT Services to provide instructional technology support for a wide variety of courses utilizing video, 3D printing, podcasting, and extended reality.
The College of Saint Benedict, a liberal arts college for women, and Saint John’s University, a liberal arts college for men, are located in the central lakes area of Minnesota, surrounded by more than 3,000 acres of pristine forests, prairies and lakes. The campuses are minutes away from St. Cloud, an increasingly diverse regional center with a population of over 100,000, and 70 miles from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Some CSB/SJU staff choose to reside locally, while others commute from the Twin Cities. Both St. Cloud and the Twin Cities offer a wide range of fine arts, cultural, dining, recreational and sporting opportunities.
CSB/SJU are Catholic colleges in the Benedictine tradition enlivened by values of community, hospitality, stewardship, and justice. The schools are dedicated to cultivating an equitable, inclusive community founded on respect for all persons. Students, staff and faculty from many diverse belief systems and backgrounds collectively bring a rich dimension to the academic, cultural, and religious experience at CSB/SJU. Learn more in our Statement on Diversity.
With a total enrollment of approximately 3600 students, CSB/SJU are unique in all of higher education, distinguished by their commitment to the holistic transformational development of women and men within the context of a unified, coeducational experience. All students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to experience and engage with the two institutions. For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu/about.
CSB/SJU offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program.
The Fine Arts Librarian, as part of a team of public services librarians, works directly with faculty and students to provide support for scholarship and creativity. This Librarian provides research consultation, information literacy, collection development, outreach, and liaison services to faculty, students, and staff in the Fine Arts Division, specifically the Art, Music, and Theater departments, as well as interdisciplinary programs with Fine Arts components. In addition, the Fine Arts Librarian shares responsibility for delivering information literacy and instructional programs for the First Year Seminar (FYS) program. This position provides general and specialized reference services in a variety of environments, including in-person, telephone, email, and online.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science, or library experience and relevant advanced degree (e.g., M.F.A, technology-related Master’s).
- Demonstrated understanding of both traditional and emerging scholarly and professional communication systems in the Fine Arts
- Understanding of the purposes and role of the library in liberal arts education
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in providing instruction to groups and individuals
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- ALA-Accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in the Fine Arts
- Understanding of instructional technology applications in a liberal arts college library (e.g., video production, 3D printing, podcasting)
- Experience with video editing software
- Demonstrated ability to teach as part of an information literacy instruction program, including sessions appropriate for introductory and upper-level undergraduate courses in at least one academic discipline.
Applications are accepted online – see https://apps.csbsju.edu/employment/default.aspx?page=jobs. Applicants should complete the full application and submit a cover letter and resume. Transcript required upon hire.
If you require special accommodations to participate in the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (320) 363-5500 or email@example.com. For additional information regarding this position, please contact Jim Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of CSB and SJU to conduct pre-employment background checks. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers.