Job Title: Distance Services and Research Librarian
Reports to: Director of Library Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distance Services
- Provides and promotes library support services to all online students, staff, and faculty.
- Develops and maintains library web presence, web technologies, and instructional materials for online education.
- Research Services
- Assists patrons with reference questions, research, and with using access tools and information resources.
- Provides research project consultations with on-campus and online faculty and students.
- Under the coordination of the Instructional Services Librarian, participates in online and face-to-face instructional programs to promote library collections and services.
- Collections Management
- Oversees all aspects of Technical Services, including acquisitions, serials, cataloging, and collection development.
- Catalogs all monographs, serials, audio-visual, and Special Collections materials according to RDA and AACR2, Revised and LC standards.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff to develop collections and resources to support on-campus and online learning programs.
- Coordinates the development of electronic resources, including electronic databases, e-journals, e-books, and emerging technologies.
- Participates as an active member of the Asbury University faculty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library and / or Information Science.
- 1-3 years professional reference or instruction experience in an academic library, preferably in a liberal arts setting.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct residential and online university students in the use of library resources, both electronic and print.
- Strong commitment to information literacy, customer service, and support of the academic and research needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- Knowledge of online databases, electronic resources, and integrated library systems (ILS) as applied to the academic library setting.
- Advanced proficiency in descriptive cataloging, subject classification of materials in all formats, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDA, AACR2R, MARC format, Dewey classification, authority control and bibliographic utilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, efficiency, and thoroughness.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various academic constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Proven initiative and self-direction.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Evidence of a committed and dynamic Christian faith along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards, and mission.
- A second Master’s Degree or terminal degree in a discipline taught at the University.
- Experience as an embedded librarian, instructional designer, or help desk technician in learning management systems.
- Experience developing online tutorials.
Interested applicants should email a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of philosophy of library services at a Christian Institution, and a statement describing the current vitality of your personal Christian faith to email@example.com or mail to:
1 Macklem Drive
Wilmore, KY 40390
For more information, please visit the job posting.