The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for a coordinator in its’ Collection and Exhibition Information (CEI) department to provide first-level assistance to Museum staff regarding use of Gallery Systems’ The Museum System (TMS) software.
- Provides quality assurance through review of ongoing data entry and periodic review of all data areas to identify training needs and data-scrubbing projects.
- Provides data-entry assistance and maintains and documents data-entry standards and procedures.
- Provides small-group and one-on-one training sessions for TMS users.
- Creates and manages new user accounts, coordinating with Information Technology to resolve any functional issues.
- Creates and updates Crystal reports, as assigned by manager.
- Extracts information from collections database through SQL queries.
- Supervises department intern.
- Performs any duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years experience working in a museum setting.
- Proficient in Gallery Systems’ The Museum System (TMS).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Firm understanding of relational database structure and function.
- Experience with Crystal reports or other report-writing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of museum registration methods and cataloging standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational, writing, proofreading, and analytical skills, with close attention to detail.
Manager, Collection and Exhibition Information
To apply, please visit MoMA Jobs. Please include a cover letter and list salary expectations. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.