ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
The Content Editor ensures the currency and completeness of an assigned set of electronic or other formatted content.
In this position, you will also…
- Identify source materials for product coverage based on criteria and allocated budget.
- Research, review and monitor a variety of sources including print, electronic, websites and individual contacts.
- Enter data in content management system that may include text formatting, metadata, subject terms, topic indexing, abstracting, web linking, and other editorial enrichment.
- Understand and utilize customer data and market trends in determining value-add needed to maintain customer base and attain market-based objectives.
- Perform document control, end of production cycle completeness and accuracy tasks as assigned.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed to organize and track records.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings and discussions.
Three reasons you should apply…
- Joining a high performing team in a fast-paced corporate environment appeals to you.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and enjoy working in a position that is detail oriented and deadline driven.
- You love collaboration and being an imperative part of a team.
This job may not be a fit if…
- You have a hard time being flexible and adaptive.
- You do your best work as a solo artist; the rest of the group just slows you down.
- You have difficulty remaining focused when performing detail oriented, and sometimes repetitive tasks.
Qualified Candidates must have…
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain and develop good business relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively with outside contacts by telephone, in person and all forms of written communication.
- Ability to detail and synthesize information rapidly; ability to manage and meet multiple and frequent deadlines.
- Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks.
- Excellent technical skills, with ability to deftly enter and manipulate data, and learn software and database programs; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and an ability to express ideas clearly and logically
- Capacity to learn and master new technology and knowledge of new research environments.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
- Graduate coursework or equivalent experience in Publishing, Business, Library/Information Science, or Customer Service.
- At least one year of working experience with databases (i.e., Microsoft Access or another relational database application).
- Publishing knowledge and knowledge of ProQuest’s products.
- Experience with creation, coordination, and maintenance of taxonomies.
- Experience in library, classroom or education-related market.
- Understanding of delivery methods for electronic content (FTP, Web, RSS, Email) and various media storage methods and devices.
- Knowledge of searching protocol in a library or research environment.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in the Bethesda, MD ProQuest office location.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you’re a talented professional in search of an career opportunity within a Global Organization, please consider joining our talented team!!