FAQ – Financial Aid

Who do I contact for more information about my financial aid package? Specific questions regarding financial aid must be directed to the Office of Financial Aid. Financial Advisors are available by appointment, which can be set up by phone at (301) 314-8377 or via email at umfinaid@umd.edu. For more information see the Financial Aid Office webpage […]

Who Do I Contact with Questions or Comments?

Advising/Waivers/Registration: Jasbir Thiara, ischooladvisors@umd.edu General and Online MLIS Program: Morgan Adle, madle@umd.edu Archives and Digital Curation Specialization: Dr. Ken Heger, kheger@umd.edu Diversity and Inclusion Specialization: Dr. Paul Jaeger, pjaeger@umd.edu Individualized Program Plan Specialization: Morgan Adle, madle@umd.edu Intelligence & Analytics Specialization: Dr. Paul Jaeger, pjaeger@umd.edu Legal Informatics Specialization: Dr. Ursula Gorham-Oscilowski, ugorham@umd.edu History and Library Science (HiLS) Dual-Degree Program: Morgan Adle, madle@umd.edu School Library […]

FAQs – Advising & Course Planning

Who’s my advisor? Please contact Jasbir Thiara (ischooladvisors@umd.edu) for advising questions. How do I decide what classes to take? Talk to your Advisor We suggest that you speak with an advisor (Jasbir Thiara) about your career goals and interests in order to help draft a course schedule that will help you best achieve your goals. Please call […]

FAQs – Supplies

How do I know what text books I need? For every class you take, you should check the class Testudo listing to see if there are textbooks required for the course. Go to Testudo Find the listing for your individual course Select the section for which you are signed up Click the stacked book icon to […]

FAQs – Registration & Specializations

How do I change my specialization? Please contact your advisor (ischooladvisors@umd.edu) if you wish to change your specialization from the one which you applied for. NOTE: Students interested in the School Library specialization must be admitted to the program and submit paperwork beyond the additional application materials. If you’re a current student who is interested in switching […]

FAQs – Housing & Transportation

Where should I live? Graduate students have many different housing options available to them. A great place to begin your search is the Off-Campus Housing Services Office located in the Stamp Student Union. This office works in cooperation with local landlords, homeowners, and students to provide extensive, up-to-date computer listings of vacancies. This office can also provide […]

FAQs – Health & Personal Care

Is there health insurance for students? Yes. Take a look at the University Health Center website for more information about health insurance plans available to students. Do I really have to submit immunization records? All in-person students are required to submit immunization records. Hybrid students are also required to submit their records. Online students are not required, but the registrar’s office can […]

FAQs – General Questions

Who should I contact with Questions or Comments? The Graduate Student Services Office (ischooladvisors@umd.edu) is the point of contact for advising, program requirements, and general questions. If need be they will refer questions to the Program Manager (Morgan Adle, madle@umd.edu), but you should contact the advisor initially.  How do I sign up for my UMD email account […]

Begin typing your search term above and press enter to search. Press ESC to cancel.

Back To Top