Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success.
West Chester University seeks a proactive, collegial Music Librarian to work within the context of the University and Library Services strategic plans and to collaborate with library faculty members and university faculty and staff to integrate and implement the best practices and most current technologies in support of student learning, the educational and enrichment programs of the School of Music, and faculty teaching and research.
- manage the overall operations of the Presser Music Library including the supervision of staff, the oversight of the budget, and the development and implementation of circulation and reserve policies and procedures
- serve as the primary contact between WCU Library Services and the School of Music, including the coordination and management of information literacy instruction and collection development
- develop an information literacy instruction program at the School of Music
- provide reference services
- promote Music Library resources and services
- implement an assessment process for continuous improvement of Music Library services
- provide leadership in the cataloging and classification of music materials
- remain current with trends in music and librarianship
- seek out and implement best practices and emerging technologies to facilitate and enhance Music Library collections and services
This is a nine-month position with faculty status and rank. Some evening and weekend hours are required. Additional compensation for support of classes outside the traditional academic year may be available.
Required Qualifications: Candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program by August 2013; a degree in music by August 2013; excellent written and oral communication skills; at least two years’ experience in a music library; supervisory experience; experience in academic library reference and instruction; knowledge of cataloging and classification of music materials. Finalists must successfully complete an on-site interview and model information literacy instruction session.
Preferred Qualifications: Ph.D. or second Master’s degree in a discipline related to the functions of the Music Library is highly preferred; collection development experience; experience with digitizing music resources within the limits of U.S. intellectual property and copyright law; budgetary experience.
Salary and Rank:
Assistant Professor Rank
Minimum nine-month salary: $53,956.55
Includes generous faculty benefits package.
The filling of this position (to begin Fall 2013) is contingent upon available funding. All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.
West Chester University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin June 24, 2013; position open until filled. Submit letter of interest and resume including the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references to https://wcupa.peopleadmin.com/postings/425. Questions should be directed to Tara Wink, Music Librarian Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.