Under supervision of the Director, Archives & Collections, the Archivist will be in a client-facing role, responsible for day-to-day work of selecting, cataloguing, maintaining, and maaking available the archived assets of NBCUniversal businesses. These assets include but are not limited to props, costumes, photography, artwork, production records, and marketing & publicity material.
The Archivist will also be responsible for executing requests for film and TV publicity displays, production loans, and loans to museums and other external institutions.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Universal Pictures Feature Assets to create lists, select and acquire props, costumes and artwork from current feature film productions for permanent retention in Archives & Collections.
- Work closely with staff from Universal Pictures Feature Assets, Brand Marketing, and Publicity to make assets available for exhibits and loans. Includes loan preparation, condition reports, and transportation.
- Courier and install exhibits of Archives & Collections assets as needed, both domestic and international.
- Complete MPLP processing and cataloging of feature collections.
- Work closely with Universal Parks & Resorts to archive the history of Universal Studios theme parks, and coordinate exhibits.
- Supervise and train interns as part of NBCUniversal internship program
- Represent NBCUniversal Archives & Collections by participating in applicable professional associations and NBCUniversal employee affinity groups.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director, Archives & Collections
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in history, archival administration, museum studies, or equivalent. Master’s Degree, as well as knowledge of the entertainment industry preferred.
- Detail oriented person, with strong organizational skills. Manual dexterity to handle fragile collections, and ability to lift 40-pound boxes required.
- Experience with museum exhibit loans and installations
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and digital imaging software.
- Good communication, customer service and writing skills are required, as is the ability to be a self-starter that works independently or within a team.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.