The University of Wyoming seeks applicants for an Academic Excellence Librarian. This new position is designed to support the Honors College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the liaison and primary point of contact for students and faculty of the Honors College at the University of Wyoming (http://www.uwyo.edu/honors/).
- Teach two sections of the 3-credit first-year Honors Colloquium annually.
- Provide information literacy instruction for Honors courses and for the UW general education curriculum.
- Support Honors thesis research and other advanced undergraduate research with individual consultations and support for open scholarship.
- Consult with Honors faculty and other university faculty to develop research-based curricula and assignments.
- Collaborate with campus partners on programming, which could include workshops on library research or digital scholarship; lectures and exhibits; theater productions for the Honors College; and campus or state-wide reading programs.
- Coordinate co-curricular opportunities for students, such as a student advisory board or research peer mentoring.
- Provide support for adoption and development of Open Educational Resources within the Honors curriculum and the UW general education curriculum.
- Participate in library instructional initiatives, student engagement programs, and outreach activities.
- This is an endowed position and will require regular reports to funders.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MIS, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in an academic library
- Experience teaching in higher education environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboratively in a team environment
- Additional advanced degree in the liberal arts
- Subject expertise in fine and performing arts
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email@example.com.