The Loyola Notre Dame Library seeks a collaborative, enthusiastic, and organized individual to work in the Cataloging and Metadata Unit to complete special projects that will enhance access to library materials through effective cataloging practices. This individual will report to the Cataloging and Metadata Librarian and focus on updating catalog records and coordinating student worker assignments. 19 hours/week Monday-Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm through June 30, 2019.
- Manage and carry out library catalog cleanup projects to improve access to library materials;
- Assist in time-sensitive cataloging projects;
- Assist with supervising student workers;
- Copy catalog library materials using appropriate cataloging standards;
- Troubleshoot issues related to catalog records as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately with attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives;
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to use computer keyboards, sit at a desk, and/or read from a computer screen for extended hours;
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Experience in a related position where knowledge of technical rules and standards for library cataloging were applied;
- Experience finding, editing, and importing bibliographic records from OCLC to the catalog and managing local holdings;
- Previous experience using Ex Libris Aleph or other integrated library system;
- Familiarity with OCLC products and services;
- Experience supervising.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “Special Projects Assistant” in the subject line to Anna Loewenthal, Cataloging and Metadata Librarian, at email@example.com.