Clemson University Libraries seek an innovative and collaborative librarian to support education and research in the sciences. The Science Librarian will provide research assistance, instruction, collection development, and outreach services for science and engineering disciplines. This is a 12-month tenure track Faculty position and works under the direction of the Head of Information & Research Services.
- Works with the Science Team to support education and research for selected departments in the College of Science; College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences; and College of Engineering, Computing, and Applied Sciences. (Departmental assignments will be determined with the input of the successful Science Librarian candidate upon hiring).
- Provides general reference service (on call and virtual) as well as in-depth research assistance in science and engineering disciplines
- With other Science Team members, provides support for patents and trademarks, engineering and industry standards, citation management tools, and the SciFinderchemistry database
- Works collaboratively across the Libraries to support various initiatives including Open Access, Open Educational Resources, data management services, and digital initiatives
- Assists researchers with the review of data management plans and development of grant proposals
- Engages in professional development such as attending conferences, workshops, and webinars related to job functions Instruction & Outreach
- Teaches course-related library instruction sessions and designs instructional materials for classes
- Creates and maintains library research guides (LibGuides) and other instructional tools to help students, faculty, and staff effectively use science and engineering library resources
- Participates in outreach and instructional activities Collection Development
- Builds and manages library collections in selected science and engineering disciplines, including updating collection policies, selecting print and electronic materials, and weeding
- Works with Science Team members to determine shared collection purchases and priorities Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities
- Develops a focused program of high quality research and creative accomplishments, consistent with professional responsibilities and the Libraries’ mission and goals Service
- Actively participates and demonstrates leadership in professional responsibilities that serve the Libraries, University, profession, and community