Hello and Welcome!
Copyright: Digital Collections at UMD
This page is dedicated to resources for students new to the iSchool’s ALA accredited MLIS Program. On it you’ll find information on Orientation, FAQs, and links to lots of resources that you’ll need. We hope that it serves a handy centralized location for all your information needs. If you have a question or suggestion for what we should include PLEASE don’t hesitate to let us know!
Who do I contact with Questions or Comments?
- Advising/Waivers/Registration: Jasbir Thiara, email@example.com
- General and Online MLIS Program: Erin Zerhusen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archives and Digital Curation Specialization: Dr. Ken Heger, email@example.com
- Diversity and Inclusion Specialization: Dr. Paul Jaeger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individualized Program Plan Specialization: Erin Zerhusen, email@example.com
- Intelligence & Analytics Specialization: Dr. Paul Jaeger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal Informatics Specialization: Dr. Ursula Gorham-Oscilowski, email@example.com
- History and Library Science (HiLS) Dual-Degree Program: Erin Zerhusen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Library Specialization: Dr. Renee Hill, email@example.com
- Youth Experience (YX) Specialization: Dr. Mega Subramaniam, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome new students! Below is a TON of information that should help you get started with the program. You can find even more information on the FAQ posts all organized into handy categories. You can also refer to the Fall 2018 New Continue reading Fall 2018 Admitted Student Welcome Packet!
Who do I contact for more information about my financial aid package? Specific questions regarding financial aid must be directed to the Office of Financial Aid. Financial Advisors are available by appointment, which can be set up by phone at Continue reading FAQ – Financial Aid
Who’s my advisor? Please contact Jasbir Thiara (email@example.com) for advising questions. How do I decide what classes to take? Talk to your Advisor We suggest that you speak with an advisor (Jasbir Thiara) about your career goals and interests in order to Continue reading FAQs – Advising & Course Planning
How do I know what text books I need? For every class you take, you should check the class Testudo listing to see if there are textbooks required for the course. Go to Testudo Find the listing for your individual course Continue reading FAQs – Supplies
How do I change my specialization? Please contact your advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to change your specialization from the one which you applied for. NOTE: Students interested in the School Library specialization must be admitted to the program and submit paperwork Continue reading FAQs – Registration & Specializations
Where should I live? Graduate students have many different housing options available to them. A great place to begin your search is the Off-Campus Housing Services Office located in the Stamp Student Union. This office works in cooperation with local landlords, homeowners, Continue reading FAQs – Housing & Transportation
Is there health insurance for students? Yes. Take a look at the University Health Center website for more information about health insurance plans available to students. Do I really have to submit immunization records? Yes, ALL students are required to submit immunization records, even those who Continue reading FAQs – Health & Personal Care
Who should I contact with Questions or Comments? The Graduate Student Services Office (email@example.com) is the point of contact for advising, program requirements, and general questions. If need be he will refer questions to the Program Manager (Erin Zerhusen, firstname.lastname@example.org), but Continue reading FAQs – General Questions
Students coming into the iSchool should come prepared with a basic level of technology skills and access. These skills are necessary for effectively functioning in a graduate program. Basic Requirements The iSchool does not have a preference for Mac or Continue reading Technology Requirements for iSchool Students