- Job Description
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. Located on our Lakeland campus, this professional Librarian position reports to the Director of TLCC and Learning Resources and provides and excellent opportunity to support the academic success of our students. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position works with the Library and TLCC Director to coordinate and facilitate all areas of library services. The primary function is to support instructional programs by providing library users (students, staff, faculty, and community users) with quality information services, including instruction in the use of information tools and resources. The position collaborates with faculty to improve service, participate in college-wide activities and committees, and perform additional duties as needed and assigned.
- Provides instruction in the use of information resources (both electronic and print) and technologies to student, faculty and staff groups, and individuals.
- Assists students, faculty, staff and community users in locating, evaluating and accessing materials.
- Assumes responsibility for the daily operation of the library and library staff.
- Develops instructional resources in print, electronic and multimedia formats to assist users and promote information literacy and critical thinking techniques.
- Participate in collection development – print, non-print, and online resources.
- Supervises and facilitates circulation, reserves and interlibrary loan services.
- Maintains records and statistics necessary for planning and improvement.
- Provides support for online learning using a variety of technologies.
- Designs, develops and implements online learning objects and content modules to support online information literacy instruction.
- Conducts assessment of the library’s information literacy instruction programs and collaborates with faculty and staff on assessment of information literacy general education outcomes across the curriculum.