The Director of the Auraria Library empowers and enables all Library personnel in the decision-making processes through shared leadership principles and practices. The Director inspires and activates an energetic staff to ensure strategic and tactical alignment of Auraria Library resources with the missions of all three of the higher education institutions it serves. This position reports to CU Denver’s Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Planning in the Office of the Provost.
Essential Duties Include:
- Implement, evaluate and refine high-impact library services in newly-renovated spaces.
- Continuously seek avenues to optimize customer service through the application of innovative technologies, policies, and services.
- Commit to continuously developing an organizational culture that advances diversity skills among Library staff and advocates for cross-cultural leadership.
- Articulate a positive image of the Library across campus and to community constituents.
- Participate in scholarship to advance the profession.
- Continuously foster Library development efforts, including grant seeking and fundraising.
- Participate in appropriate state, regional and/or national professional associations.
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: For a benefits overview, visit https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled, but preference will be given to complete applications received by November 3, 2017.
- Terminal degree (Master’s) in library/information science from an ALA-accredited program or a related field.
- A record of scholarship, librarianship/teaching and service sufficient to be appointed at the Associate Professor rank with tenure http://www.ucdenver.edu/faculty_staff/faculty/faculty-affairs/policies-forms/Documents/Tenurecriteria2010.pdf at CU Denver.
- A record of progressively responsible higher education leadership experience in academic libraries, with substantial management skills in planning, finance, team building, and faculty and staff development.
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=11417.