- Provide in-person and online reference services at a service-oriented and all-purpose reference desk for approximately 6 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
- Provide library instruction and consultation services to the students and faculty to the Departments of Biological Sciences, Science Education, Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science, and Speech Pathology.
- Serve as the Library’s subject specialist for the above-specified departments, which includes evaluating, selecting, and reviewing information resources in relation to curricular and collection needs.
- Work closely with subject librarians and other members of the University community as appropriate.
- During predetermined and specific times of the academic year, work in the Thesis and Dissertation Office evaluating graduate manuscripts for formatting to determine compliance with University guidelines.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Full description: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/jobs/posting/2457/index.html