Position Summary & Description
Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for a Senior Library Administrator with experience in grant writing and development to lead their assessment programs and fundraising efforts. The Assistant Dean of Libraries for Assessment and Development serves as a key member of the Libraries Senior Administration team providing counsel and advice to the Dean of Libraries in academic engagement issues and participates in the overall management of the IUP Libraries including planning and decision-making. The Assistant Dean will be part of the administration team that provides counsel and support on administrative and leadership issues and on academic and organizational matters. The Assistant Dean will coordinate and lead the on-going library assessment program and in collaboration with the Assistant Dean for Library Systems and Technologies makes recommendations to the Dean of Libraries. The incumbent will lead the Libraries fundraising initiatives for external funding sources to support library programs and services. The incumbent will prioritize and coordinate the workflow of the Technical Services unit.
- MLS, MLIS, or MIS degree from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive supervisory and administrative experience at a departmental or divisional level in an academic library environment.
- Experience working with academic assessment tools.
- Academic background and/or experience in statistical analysis and program evaluation.
- Experience conducting analysis and creating customized reports using statistical software applications, (i.e., Excel, SPSS, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of research and development and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities.
- Experience in grant writing and contract administration.
- Additional graduate level degree(s).
- Experience at a senior management level.
- Experience providing oversight support and supervision in a unionized environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects including setting and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community.
- Experience developing strategic and operational planning.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative assessment methodologies and their application in academic libraries.
- Demonstrated successful project management skills.
- Experience in private fundraising.
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public.
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application will contain a cover letter, resume, names and email addresses of three references, submitted as attachments in this online application system at https://www.governmentjobs.
Official transcripts will be required prior to hire date for the selected candidate.
You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation.
Employees in their probationary period will not be given consideration for interviews.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.