LAC Group is seeking, for a Part-Time Media Cataloger for our client, a prestigious media and entertainment company, located in New York City (Manhattan). This project will be supporting the client’s group charged with the long-term archiving and preservation of program assets. This group operates the materials/media archives, which includes an active storage of film, video, audio, and digital elements. The Media Cataloger will properly identify film, video, audio, removable digital media, and paperwork elements then create and populate records in the client’s Xytech database system. Titles of elements will be assigned to the Media Catalogers based on workflow needs of production and preservation projects. This project should run through the end of the year (possibly longer).
- Extensively utilizing the Xytech Database System by inputting and creating records accurately from physical assets;
- Unpack each carton and identify elements against the production inventory sheet before entering records into the database;
- Print barcode labels from the entered records and affix them to the elements;
- Return elements to its original carton after data entry and prepare carton for permanent storage.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with a database; Knowledge of the Xytech database system is a plus.
- A general understanding of post-production and archive workflow practices with an ability to identify and retain knowledge of film, video and audio formats;
- Must be a detail-oriented team player with strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to lift and handle 10 – 20 lbs or less.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/n9vR47