LAC Federal, an LAC Group company, is looking for an experienced Metadata and Research Librarian to work at a major Federal Library in the DC area. The Librarian will work with a Federal information center to assist in acquiring, evaluating and synthesizing research and information products focused on scientific research related to food safety and nutrition. We are looking for someone with sufficient knowledge and expertise to collect, track, and store data in databases and communicate the needs of the information center with the agency’s IT specialists. This is a 12 month contract, full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Master’s Degree in information or library science with 1-2 years’ experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or graduate work in food and nutrition is preferred but not required.
- Practical knowledge of a wide range of techniques, methods, sources and procedures within the functional information area (e.g., database searching and automated data collection techniques, web site management and development, and use of new and emerging technology tools to share information).
- Experience with Drupal, digital asset management software, and RSS feed management preferred.
- Ability to effectively search and use the internet and bibliographic databases.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and be able to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to organize thoughts and to express them clearly and concisely in both written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of information management, thesauri, taxonomies, and the construction of bibliographies is essential.
- Ability to meet strict standards for quality and compliance.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/La8sf8