Salesianum School is seeking an innovative and collaborative educator to serve as Librarian/Media Specialist in our recently renovated library space. The position serves as an instructional partner with faculty and will strive to create a dynamic learning environment that empowers students to become critical thinkers, researchers, and ethical users of information. A successful candidate will have a strong background knowledge of educational technology and a willingness to implement new and emerging information technology on campus.
- Supports the mission of Salesianum, fostering the Catholic and Salesian identity of the school community.
- Collaborates with teachers to design and teach engaging inquiry and learning experiences that incorporate multiple literacies and foster critical thinking.
- Collaborates with other professionals in the field to widen access and availability of library materials and databases.
- Maintains a library collection of print and non-print materials that is diverse in format and content to support the learning needs of students with a wide spectrum of abilities, backgrounds, needs, and learning styles.
- Maintains a Library Resource Board through the school’s Learning Management System with links to all library resources (databases, catalog, recommended sites for research and citations, etc).
- Encourages student interest in personal use of collection.
- Supervises students who are in the library.
- Supervises library staff and volunteers, ensuring that they have the tools necessary to be effective in their roles.
- Serves as the chair of the One School, One Book Committee.
- Purchases books, supplies, furniture and other educational materials to ensure daily operation of the library.
- Maintains library budget and expense reports.
- Maintains regular library hours to serve the school community.
- Assumes other responsibilities as designated by the Administration.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences from an ALA-accredited program
- Expert in current research techniques and resources
- Background in educational and educational technology
- Ability to work with others, interact effectively with students, and manage time efficiently.
- Experience with MakerSpace, 3-D Modeling and/or STEM preferred.
- Experience with Workflows/SERCI preferred
Reports to the Director of Technology and Instruction
Salesianum offers its student body of 1,040 boys a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, diverse extracurricular activities, and a strong retreat and service-learning program, all designed to educate and develop the whole person in the fulfillment of our mission. In keeping with the spirituality of St. Francis de Sales, whose words “Be who you are, and be that well” are reflected in the school’s approach, Salesianum admits students of a wide range of ability and diverse backgrounds. Salesianum takes great pride in striving to form well-rounded Salesian gentlemen who are well-prepared for higher education and the world beyond, gentlemen who are firmly grounded in a relationship with God that orients them to lead lives of service. Learn more at Salesianum.org