Berkeley College (New York and New Jersey) seeks an enterprising professional for the position of Instructional Design Librarian. This opportunity will blend information literacy education with instructional design models, learning theories, and a holistic approach to assessment. Develops pedagogically rich tools and experiences that enhance critical thinking skills and understanding of the core concepts of information/digital literacy while fostering other College wide learning outcomes. As part of the Library Services Department, this position will also support research services, course instruction, liaison/outreach, and other library initiatives.
Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library school or other relevant accredited graduate degree.
- Experience providing research and instruction services
- Coursework in instructional design or demonstrated ability to apply the instructional design process to library instruction
- Ability to identify instructional problems, objectives, learner analysis, and task analysis
- Ability to coach librarians engaged in instructional activities through training for the design and delivery of effective learning experiences
- Understanding of the broad landscape of information literacy, teaching, learning, research and scholarship
- Strong technology skills including knowledge of all Windows applications, integrated library systems, learning management systems and a broad range of subscription databases and web technology
- Excellent writing skills in combination with effective interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills in a technological environment.
This position supports all campuses and requires travel to NYC, White Plains, Brooklyn, and NJ locations in Woodland Park, Paramus, Newark, Woodbridge.
For complete description and application visit job detail #17-0280 -> https://re21.ultipro.com/BER1008/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*42FC7DDEB230EBA0