The Central Michigan University is seeking a creative and energetic librarian to join the CMU Libraries as an Instruction Librarian. This full-time, tenure-track position reports to the Director of Library Research & Instruction Services.
The Instruction Librarian will be expected to lead the Libraries’ effort to craft and implement a comprehensive instructional strategy in line with the curricular and pedagogical needs of the university. The successful candidate will identify instructional best practices, incorporate student-centered learning outcomes in the Libraries’ instructional activities, and engage in assessment activities. Incorporation of information literacy standards and the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education will be a part of this position. This position is responsible for the administration and teaching of LIB 197, a one-credit library skills course, as well as introductory level courses in a variety of disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a formalized plan and goals for library instruction to CMU departments and classes
• Identify instructional best practices and share them with the teaching librarians;
• Incorporate student-centered learning outcomes into all instruction
• Help librarians move from face-to-face to online instruction through an understanding of online teaching best practices, theories of andragogy, etc.
• Map information literacy concepts into relevant university courses
• Engage with other librarians and campus faculty to develop discipline-appropriate instruction
• Develop innovative tools and services for effective library instruction to face-to-face and online classes
• Develop and implement methods to assess the effectiveness of library instruction
• Take primary responsibility for the administration, scheduling, and teaching of the library’s LIB 197 course
• Provide instruction sessions to ENG 101 and 201 and other general and introductory courses
• Monitor trends and best practices in library instruction and incorporate them as applicable within the Libraries’ instructional efforts
• Serve on library and university committees as appropriate
• Participate in library marketing, outreach, and publicity activities
• Participate in and contribute to strategic planning to advance the library’s mission and vision
• Meet university standards for tenure and promotion
The full posting is here: https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/