Data Management/Member Services Specialist
US Naval Institute – Annapolis, MD 21402
$32,000 – $35,000 a year – Contract
Job Title: Data Management/Member Services Specialist – One Year Term Position
Department: Member Services Group
Reports To: Director, Member Services Operations
Summary: The United States Naval Institute (USNI) seeks an energetic, motivated, data-driven Data Management/Member Services Specialist for a 12-month term supporting the Member Services Group with the possibility of renewal. The successful candidate will prioritize the structuring and transition of data from our current accounting-based platform into a new customer relationship management (CRM) platform as well as a concurrent new publishing/accounting platform – all while providing excellent customer services to our members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Management Specialist
· Work with constituent data with primary focus on the relationships between large data sets.
· Work as part of a team entering new and renewing members and subscribers into database, performing customer verifications, order details, accurate payment information, and duties to prepare the correct data for necessary communications (new member kits, welcome/lapsed account emails}.
· Holistically analyze workflows and relationships with eye towards migration into new platforms.
· Responsible for accurate and consistent data entry among team members to maintain a clean member and customer database.
· Assist with account management of all customer data (member, non-member, trade clients). Duties include fulfillment of book orders and subscriptions, claims issues, cancellations, invoicing, billing and renewing.
· Respond to customer and vendor inquiries by phone/email. This includes messages transferred from our answering service.
· Assist Membership Marketing and our Foundation in special projects (acquisition mailings, member directory, etc.) to provide accurate data upfront and ensure the customer received proper follow-up.
· Assist with incoming and outgoing mail in the Member Services Group; sorting incoming mail for other departments and sorting and printing postage for outgoing mail.
· Possesses strong customer focus with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possesses a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
· Must be able to multitask, respect deadlines and prioritize work.
· Possesses the capacity to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
· Ability to thrive in a changing work environment.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Luminate CRM, or other large data management software desired
About The Naval Institute:
Founded in 1873, the U.S. Naval Institute (located at but not part of the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD) is the independent forum for those who dare to read, think, speak, and write in order to advance the professional, literary, and scientific understanding of sea power and other issues critical to global security. The Institute plays a key role in the nation’s ongoing discussion of defense and global security policy and aims always to be the organization that tests the conventional wisdom and explores the power of new ideas.
The U.S. Naval Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $32,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
· Call Center: 1 year
· Customer Service: 1 year
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to HR@usni.org.