The Library at Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio seeks Assistant/Associate Dean for Instruction & User Services beginning January 2, 2017.
Assistant/Associate Dean for Instruction and User Services will provide leadership and vision for the Sueltenfuss Library’s information literacy program and user services. As a member of the management team, this position will participate in setting the library’s strategic direction and pursue specific partnerships with other campus units to achieve the library’s vision of an omnipresent, integrated, campus-wide knowledge resource for 21st century learning and scholarship.
This is a full time, 12-month management position reporting to the Dean of the University Library. The successful candidate will bring strong collaborative, communicative, and interpersonal abilities in order to provide strategic and operational leadership for the Library. Appointment at Assistant or Associate Professor rank, depending on qualifications; non-tenure track.
- Participate as an academic administrator in the overall management of the Library and administer the Library in the absence of the Dean of the Library.
- Lead the coordinated development of content & delivery of information literacy instruction and advocate for integration of library collections, services and programs into academic program learning outcomes; teach information literacy sessions as needed.
- Supervise the day-to-day management of instruction, reference, circulation, reserves, interlibrary loan, and facility; provide reference service; maintain proficiency in use of ILS modules and IlLiad and associated reporting functionalities; develop and review policies and procedures.
- Schedule, train, and evaluate 2 FTE library faculty, 2.5 FTE staff and 5.25 FTE student employees; encourage and foster librarian & staff professional development, collaborative skills and teamwork.
- Plan, implement, and manage a collaborative program of library outreach and marketing.
- Collect and analyze use statistics, assess library services and programs, prepare reports, and make recommendations for strategic planning and decision making; assist with gathering user experience data to collaborate on and contribute to the creation, development and implementation of new physical & digital projects and services.
- Assist with planning and management of facilities changes and improvements.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and management of the library’s strategic plan; set well-articulated goals in congruence with the Libraries’ strategic objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of trends in library services, assessment, technology, and information literacy and lead discussions on those that would further the library’s strategic goals.
- Interact with University faculty, administration, staff and student support services (Center for Teaching & Learning, IT, student success units, student affairs).
- Serve as liaison to selected academic departments, providing consultation on library resources for the discipline and information literacy instruction.
- Some evening and occasional weekend hours required.
- Serve on university and library committees as appropriate.
- Pursue personal professional development; contribute to the profession through scholarship and service to library organizations.