LibGig, a LAC Group company, seeks an Archive Technician for a large corporate archive in the West Los Angeles area. The position will have archive responsibilities including access, preservation, arrangement, digitization, and storage of historical matter. As well as identifying, collecting and preserving historical documents for future use. This is a full-time benefitted position.
- Provides advice and documentary evidence of corporate history to all levels of staff.
- Creates and maintains finding guides or electronic instruction tools for historical documents.
- Researches careers and accomplishments of corporate staff and creates displays to celebrate milestones.
- Loads digital files into the document management program for processing by cataloguers.
- Performs physical condition reviews of corporate historical assets.
- Responds to research requests. Compiles research materials and evaluates for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- MLS/MLIS with a specialization in archives, OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience, especially graduate work in an accredited ALA accredited library science program.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of archival theory and practice
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/GJ6Cj5