Williams College, a liberal arts college located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts, seeks a tech-savvy, service-oriented, and creative Science Librarian to work in Schow Science Library. Williams continues to transform its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality. We seek candidates who are excited to work in a college library in which students are broadly diverse with regard to gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Williams Libraries values excellent personal service and innovative library instruction. The successful candidate will expand instruction programs in the sciences and promote science library services. They will contribute to shaping the future of the Libraries in areas such as open access, scholarly communication, and data management. Williams Libraries provides generous support for continuing professional development. This is a full-time, year-round appointment reporting to the Head of the Science Library. Some weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Provide instruction services for assigned science departments
- Develop, plan and teach course-integrated instruction sessions
- Participate in the Libraries’ general instruction program
- Teach and support students and faculty in using EndNote
- Provide reference services
- Promote science resources and services to science faculty and students
- Manage the social media presence of the Science Library
- Assist in managing the daily operations of the Science Library
- Participate in the development of the College’s institutional repository
- Serve on library and college committees
See the full job advertisement at https://staff-careers.willi
ams.edu for further information and to apply. For optimal consideration, submit application, cover letter, and resume by September 8, 2017. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.