Research & Instruction Librarian (Digital Humanities)
Lafayette College Library seeks a creative, energetic librarian to join an interdisciplinary organization committed to teaching and scholarship. As a member of Research and Instructional Services and in collaboration with Digital Scholarship Services, the successful candidate will participate broadly in the Library’s information literacy program, with a special responsibility for providing digital humanities training and promoting the use of digital scholarship in the classroom.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The successful candidate will collaborate with faculty to integrate digital scholarship tools into their classes, direct a six-week summer program for undergraduates interested in digital humanities (see http://sites.lafayette.edu/dhs
- ALA-accredited MLS or other relevant graduate degree;
- Strong academic background;
- Facility with methods and tools for at least one area of digital scholarship;
- Superior teaching skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation;
- Knowledge of a wide range of information sources and technologies;
- Knowledge of new models and patterns of scholarly communication;
- Ability to work collegially and communicate effectively with faculty and students.
Lafayette College is a highly selective, private liberal arts college with degree programs in the arts, sciences, and engineering. With endowment per student ranked among the top 2% of all U.S. colleges and universities, it offers a small college environment with large college resources. The Library is the recipient of the 2014 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award, which recognized, among other accomplishments, Lafayette’s innovative approaches to information literacy and digital scholarship.
Lafayette College offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package as compensation, including college tuition support for children. The Library strongly encourages and generously supports professional development.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing job qualifications and the names of three professional references to Anne Houston, Dean of Libraries, via Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/ http://apply.interfolio.com/43