LAC Federal is seeking a Library Technician for a government contract working with a prestigious federal agency located in Denver, CO. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position which includes a full benefits package.
- Search uncatalogued publications in the local EOS.Web catalog and OCLC WorldCat to determine library holdings, duplication, digitization status, and other information required prior to cataloging.
- Search selected items in the Access database used as an inventory of digitized publications.
- Update records in EOS.Web catalog to correct or add to records, such as adding digitization information, including all #856 fields with URL information for links to documents in Internet Archive and other sources.
- Coordinate as needed and update status with library staff regarding cataloging and digitization support.
- Document recommendations for any new or revised procedures as well as decisions regarding the approval or rejection of each.
- Edit/add, produce, and export OCLC-MARC records to import into the local catalog (EOS.Web).
- Produce spine labels and process cataloged print and publications by attaching the labels and property stamping.
- At least some experience with cataloging and metadata.
- Experience working with AARC2, OCLC-MARC and LC Classification standards and with Dublin Core is required.
- Strong analytical skills, and experience with Library of Congress Subject Headings and Library of Congress Classification
- Familiarity with quality control standards and keen attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with EOS.Web, CONTENTdm, Microsoft Access strongly preferred.
- Masters of Library Science or equivalent degree preferred
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/xQNYXj