The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission.
Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered great benefits, including a pension plan and an on-site fitness center.
Want to make a difference? Join Us.
NFPA is currently searching for a Digital Asset Librarian to join the team! The Digital Asset Librarian will provide direct research services to employees, members, and the public on NFPA history, code development, fire history and other initiatives of the Association. The successful candidate will apply specialized skills in archival processes and library science to assist in creating digitized special collections that satisfy current and future research and marketing needs.
- Provide research services ranging from front-line reference support for NFPA members and the public, to in-depth research, news monitoring and citation support for NFPA staff.
- Creating digital collections of NFPA published assets and archives for use internally and externally on the company website.
- Work closely with the Digital Asset Manager on all aspects of Archives and Records Management including life cycle maintenance, descriptive cataloguing, preservation, and physical organization of the holdings.
- Investigate copyright and licensing queries concerning the re-use of NFPA assets.
- Work closely with the Research Library Manager to build and maintain intranet and extranet collections in SharePoint and other databases.
- Master of Library Science degree
- Specialized graduate training or work experience in archival processes
- Demonstrated experience working with standard metadata formats (e.g., MARC, DACS, EAD, RDA, METS, MODS, PREMIS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML desired
- Ability to work individually and in a team to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
For full job description and to apply, please visit: https://asist-jobs.careerwebsite.com/c/job.cfm?utm_campaign=jobseeker-job-alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_source=daily-alert&utm_term=new-job&job=36728745&msessid=qwD1h