Library Systems & Access Services Librarian
Montana State University Billings
Montana State University Billings is a comprehensive public four-year higher education institution located in Montana’s largest population center, whose faculty is actively engaged in teaching, research, creative endeavors and public service. MSU Billings is unique in that it is one of a select few higher education institutions that also boasts an embedded two-year community college.
The Library Systems and Access Services Librarian provides essential system administration and support to rapidly changing Library systems and applications. These functions are critical to ensure the performance of the system and provide efficient access to library services and resources. This librarian also coordinates and supervises the public and access service areas of the library, including fulfillment, circulation, resource sharing, and interlibrary loan. This requires a commitment to moving the Library forward by adopting new technologies, innovations, and procedures for continuous quality improvement in areas of access service enhancement, library collections, and library environment.
The Montana State University Billings Library shares a statewide unified resource management (URM) system, and is a participating member of the Treasure State Academic Information & Library Services (TRAILS) consortium. The TRAILS consortium consists of 24 Montana libraries, including the four campuses of Montana State University. The Library Systems and Access Services Librarian serves as one of the technical liaisons for these shared systems and is expected to maintain close collaboration with members and partners of the TRAILS consortium. The Library Systems and Access Services Librarian reports to the Director of Library Services.
For addition details regarding job duties and the application process please visit: https://employment.msubillings.edu/postings/2411
Applications for the Library Systems & Access Services Librarian position will be accepted until August 22, 2017. The position is open until filled.
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library science program
- Skill and experience with library URM or integrated library systems
- Experience working with library technology systems and specialized library software
- Recent library work experience
- Recent experience in reference and public and access service areas
- Ability to train and supervise staff in public and access service areas
- Skill and experience in using and teaching web-based databases, discovery service, internet searching and traditional library reference materials,
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well and complete projects in a team environment with students, faculty, staff, and various stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner
- Experience working in a library consortium environment
- Experience in a higher education library environment
- Experience with library URM systems, such as ExLibris (Alma and Primo) system
- Certified as an ExLibris Alma administrator
For questions regarding the position please contact the Human Resources Office, Montana State University Billings, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT 59101-0298, 406-657-2278, email@example.com.