A career with the Idaho Commission for Libraries offers the qualified candidate the opportunity for both challenge and reward in a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
This position requires some travel.
- Administer agreements, coordinate participation, and provide support to both the Libraries Linking Idaho (LiLI) and the ShareIdaho resource sharing programs
- Work with agency purchasing processes to ensure Idahoans have access to databases and other electronic resources, and that resource sharing tools are in place to build capacity for Idaho libraries
- Evaluate the service and assess the usage for both LiLI and ShareIdaho
- Develop LiLI and ShareIdaho training options and present as needed
- Ensure a smooth workflow and timely and accurate interlibrary loans within the ShareIdaho program
- Implement promotional efforts for both LiLI and ShareIdaho
- Monitor trends in library databases, resource sharing, digitization, digital content, and access to electronic resources and share that knowledge with ICfL staff and the Idaho library community using various communication tools
- Provide regular updates to the Library Development and Management Teams
- Maintain relationships with vendors
- Collaborate with the other Librarian position to understand and provide back-up for the [STACKS] state publication digital repository
- Participate in ICfL work groups and related activities
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Experience: developing, implementing, and evaluating a library project, program or service; in librarianship including applying current (last two years) library trends and technology.
- Experience training adults