• designing, delivering, and assessing information literacy classes;
• contributing knowledge of current instructional and digital learning technologies;
• serving as liaison to academic programs or departments;
• participating in library planning and policy-making in a shared decision-making environment.
Provide Instructional Services
1. Design, teach, assess, and revise curricula in conjunction with the Head of Instructional & Research Services.
2. Provide multi-tiered instruction, including individual meetings and class-related instruction based upon the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education.
3. Contribute to the ongoing evaluation and adoption of print and digital resources.
Provide Research Assistance
1. Interview patrons to identify their information needs.
2. Provide consultations in person, by telephone, or through electronic means.
3. Select and search appropriate library resources.
Serve as Liaison
1. Develop an awareness of faculty needs for teaching and research.
2. Initiate library collaboration with faculty, programs, or departments.
3. Promote the use of existing library collections, resources, and services.
4. Enhance library collections, resources, and services.
1. Lead tours and library orientation sessions.
2. Promote services, collections, databases, and other resources to library patrons.
3. Compose and edit the library newsletter.
4. Use social media and other technologies to promote the educational mission of the library.
1. Develop specific interests in the profession, and serve as a resource person for those areas.
2. Attend professional meetings or conferences, and become involved in regional networks.
MLS or comparable degree from an ALA accredited graduate program. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required is a high level of attention to detail. Experience in library instruction or in other educational instruction is preferred. The ability to work positively and effectively with students, faculty, staff and administrators in a liberal arts college is vital, as is the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment. Ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.