Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to hire a full-time Academic Librarian.
The Seabury Academic Library serves the many arts and academic programs at both Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy in a variety of ways.
The library staff
- builds meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- assists patrons in finding information.
- provides a collection that reflects and anticipates patron’s needs.
- creates a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Bonisteel Library Director and other library staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA community. Evening and weekend hours may be required for this position.
- Seeking an innovative and results-oriented librarian whose vision supports the delivery of comprehensive library services.
- Provide a high level of reference, research assistance, instruction and technical support to our users
- Employ best practices of teaching and learning for integrating information literacy
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- Participate in the development and maintenance of website content, tutorials, and other relevant library aids
- Oversee the ILS and Ebsco Discovery
- Oversee cataloging and processing of materials
- Manage Interlibrary Services, Michigan e-library electronic resource management, online collections, and digital services projects
- Recommend and provide support implementing new and emerging technologies and processes
- Supervise high school community service students
- Collaborate with other library staff on the selection of materials for the library
- Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports
- Participate in school-wide committee work when applicable
- Supervises community service students and summer interns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must possess an ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of a variety of library technologies
- Cataloging experience with knowledge of OCLC Connexion: skilled in using OCLC, knowledge of MARC and RDA, assigning subject headings and classification
- Evidence of the ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Proficient in using and teaching search techniques and library databases
- Knowledgeable in both the current and future trends and practices in libraries
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot various tech equipment
- Desired qualifications include experience with Libguide and an undergraduate degree in an arts-related field
A competitive salary and benefits package is being offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply go to http://www.interlochen.o
Under Current Employment Opportunities
Required documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest, resume and a current listing of three references. You can upload these documents during the submission of the application process by selecting “Apply and continue to upload documents” button. Please upload your documents in a pdf format.
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.