Wesleyan University Libraries seek a dynamic and innovative leader for the position of Associate University Librarian for Technical and Digital Services. This position reports to the Caleb T. Winchester University Librarian, works closely with the Senior Library Management Team and serves as Librarian-in-Charge in absence of the University Librarian
This is a brand new position created for the Library’s vision towards providing 21st Century resources and services to a vibrant academic community. With responsibility for the overall administration and coordination of the Library’s technical and digital services, this position will play a vital role in helping us implement our vision for the future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises, guides, and collaborates with 5 professional and 7 paraprofessional staff to provide excellent service to all library patrons through acquisitions, cataloging, collection development, digital initiatives, and systems
- Leads the division in developing and reviewing policy and workflows to best suit the needs of the 21st century library, in keeping with the goals set forth for the university in Beyond 2020 and the library strategic plan
- Consults and coordinates with the senior management team on issues that affect the library as a whole/
- Works with the direct reports to set departmental priorities including project management, planning, budget, professional development, data extraction, and personnel
- Serves on CTW Collections Committee and represents the library in consortial efforts as appropriate
- Seeks and leverages library partnerships in collaborative technology initiatives with Wesleyan Information Technology, the Center for Pedagogical Initiatives and other applicable departments on campus and beyond
- Serves as the lead contact for technical service & digital vendors ; reviews and negotiates contracts for eResource packages.
- Serves on University committees and works with faculty, staff, and student groups as appropriate
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and changes in the library profession, represents the Library and contributes to the library profession through participation in the work of professional organizations
- Masters in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution, or equivalent
- 5 years of increasingly responsible professional library management experience in an academic setting
- Experience with acquisitions, cataloging, collection development, digital initiatives, and/or systems
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with major impact on critical operations of the organization.
- Experience with licenses, contracts, and vendors
- Strong analytical skills and budgeting experience
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively and to play a leadership role in promoting teamwork, diversity, equality and inclusiveness within the Wesleyan Libraries and the campus
- Familiarity with trends in eResource acquisitions, management and licensing
- Experience with library technology planning
- Experience with library digital projects and policies
- A subject Masters degree
Interested parties can apply at the following link: