Apply for this job at https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/162928-314714?cid=ja
The Sheridan Libraries are seeking an innovative, creative, user-focused library assistant to assist with the delivery of reference and one-on-one instructional services to students and faculty at the JHU Montgomery Campus in Rockville, Maryland. Programs represented at the centers include the Carey Business School, School of Education, School of Arts and Sciences and the Osher program.
Position Summary: Provide assistance to faculty and students at the Montgomery Library Resource Center (MLRC). Assist with overseeing library operations.
- Assist with overseeing operation of the Montgomery Library Resource Center – may include evenings and the Saturday operation
- Provides appropriate reference assistance and guidance to faculty, students, and staff regarding library resources and services. Assistance is provided both to patrons who come to the library and via the phone
- Opens, sets up and closes the library as appropriate
- Check-in and process daily receipts of materials
- Circulate books using our integrated library system Horizon
- Check pull-list and send books to other JHU libraries
- Handle monies for fines and change
- Assist users with interlibrary and document delivery services
- Maintain the reserves collection assisting faculty and students with use of the collection
- Maintains daily statistics
- Proctor exams for distance learning students
- Maintain/troubleshoot library equipment
- Reshelf books and journals
- Assist with special projects such as weeding and space redesign
- Communicates with the weekday staff to inform and to keep abreast of issues impacting the our operation
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
The Sheridan Libraries and University Museums are strongly committed to diversity. A strategic goal of the Libraries and Museums is to work toward achieving diversity when recruiting new staff and promoting existing staff. The Libraries and Museums prize initiative, creativity, professionalism, and teamwork. For information on the Sheridan Libraries, visit www.library.jhu.edu . For information on Evergreen Museum and Library and Homewood Museum, visit www.museums.jhu.edu .
High school graduate with 2 years library experience (additional education may be substituted for some experience); excellent customer service skills; good oral and written communication skills; accuracy with good attention to detail; experience with automated systems. Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
NOTE: The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at 443-997-5100. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Note: Job postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. See more in our FAQ .
EEO Is The Law
Applicants to and employees of Johns Hopkins are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Learn more
– See more at: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/162928-314714?cid=ja#sthash.KN6pIygX.dpuf