The University of Manitoba Libraries seek an innovative, service-oriented information professional to lead the Sciences and Technology Libraries, beginning June 1, 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter. This position normally has a two year probationary period and the salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in library and/or information studies from an ALA accredited or equivalent institution;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in an academic or research library;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload in a timely and effective manner;
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices, current issues and trends in academic or research libraries;
- Demonstrated management, leadership or supervisory experience;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills and experience cultivating collaborative working relationships with staff, library colleagues, faculty, students, and campus partners.
For more information, please visit: http://umanitoba.ca/cgi-bin/human_resources/jobs/view.pl?posting_id=91381